Numberrr 1! Direct selling! No thank you.
Numberrr 2! Make stuff! Sell it at www.etsy.com, the premier online marketplace of all things handmade. Hmmm, what could I make?
Numberrr 3! Start a concierge business! You could make money by providing a helping hand and doing errands for busy people in your community! Yes. I could. Like what, though? Dog-minding is sewn up, can’t garden, babysitting is the preserve of 14-16 year olds, and those who can’t make it to the supermarket shop online. All I can think of is ferrying people around. Yes! A friendly taxi service. Undercutting taxi rates! Without a licence… Hmmm. Click on www.yourerrandservice.info and www.youronthegoconcierge.com.
Hmmm, yourerrandservice has some ideas:
- Drop off or pick up items
- Banking needs
- Car inspection or renewal
- Wake-up call
- Help with anniversary gifts
- Flower delivery
- Wait for service man
- Special day reminder
- Hospital or nursing home visits
& vacuum car. Wash
Well, obviously I can’t do the wake-up call or special day reminder, what with my MAADD. Mud-spattered, wrapper-filled car not good ad for car wash and vacuum. But I could do deliveries and pick-ups and drop-offs and visits and waiting – that’s pretty much what I do all day anyway.
- Turn clutter into cash! There may be money hiding in my closet! Hmm, the last time I gathered a whole lot of stuff to sell on Ebay, only the vintage Carmen rollers sold. Whether face to face or online, I am useless at selling. Not that I'll tell the Estate Agent that.
- Become a Virtual Customer Service Agent. Back to where we started.
- Steady freelance work. Ha. Still, www.elance.com and www.odesk.com might surprise me.
- Bid on graphic design projects. Eh? www.crowdspring.com and www.99designs.com.
- Get a gig! Eh?
- Create a T-shirt line! Now this could be good. I thought of a brilliant T-shirt slogan the other day. What was it? Ooh, you can upload your designs at www.threadless.com and www.zazzle.com.
- Start your own business! Focus on what you love to do and figure out how to find a few people to pay for it. Yeah, right. I'll just head on over to Tory’s own site for advice: www.sparkandhustle.com.